Lounge access with the American Express Platinum Card is an essential argument for many users to buy a Platinum Card.
Because the American Express Platinum credit card opens the doors to many lounges, such as
- The Amex Centurion and International Lounges in the USA and Asia,
- The lounges in the Priority Pass network,
- The Delta Sky Club, Plaza Premium, Air Space and Escape Lounges.
- To Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of booking class, only with confirmed seat booking)
- To Lufthansa Senator Lounges (with Business Class Ticket) in the satellite building of Terminal 2 at Munich Airport as well as in Terminal 1, Departure Area B, at Frankfurt Airport
The cardholder must present a ticket from Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Otherwise, access will be denied. The most recent cooperation between Lufthansa and Amex was limited until February / March 2019 and has now been extended.
Lounge access with American Express Platinum Card and Star Alliance Gold status
There is, however, another way, via Star Alliance Gold status, which can be achieved with the American Express Platinum Card and three flights with Singapore Airlines. We documented the procedure in detail and it can be looked up here.
You can also take one guest with you if he or she travels on a Star Alliance flight. Given the cooperation between Amex and Lufthansa described above, the time limit until October 2019 is no longer applicable.
Lounge access with the American Express Platinum Card is one of the card’s highlights, and the cooperation with Lufthansa at Frankfurt and Munich airports increases the attractiveness of the card for German frequent flyers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?