In most families there is a strong tradition of Christmas food. This also includes the Baden Schäufele, the “Schifili” with potato salad.
Schäufele with potato salad
This roast pork is cut from the shoulder and cooked with the bone. The shovel is called this way because the pig shoulder blade has the shape of a shovel blade.
In Franconia the dish is prepared with bone, while the Baden shovel is prepared with cured and smoked shoulder of pork, boneless.
The Schwarzwälder Schäufele is a typical South Baden dish that is traditionally eaten at Christmas and Easter, but of course it also tastes good at any other time and is also a perfect party dish. No matter how, a Schäufele is a pleasure. It goes best with potato salad or potato dumplings, sauerkraut or cabbage salad. The recipe is based on a special brew, which gives the Schäufele a wonderful taste.
The best place to get Schäufele is your trusted butcher’s shop. However, you can also order the meat online, which we have done, as there is no Schäufele butcher’s in our room. Our order was placed in the Schwarzwald Metzgerei and we were very satisfied with service and quality.
- Originial Schwarzwälder Schäufele gepöckelt und goldgelb geräuchert
- oder einen echten Badischen Sauerbraten ohne Knochen, küchenfertig eingelegt
- Beste ausgewählte und magere Fleischstücke aus der Region mit hoher Qualität
- in Vacuum verpackt - gekühlt lagern bei 5 Grad Celsius - min. 60 Tage haltbar
- Hervorragend geeignet als Festtagsessen zu Weihnachten, Silvester oder zu Geburtstagen
The best Christmas menu - Schäufele with potato salad
- Schäufele ca. 200g pro Portion
- 1 Flasche White Wine trocken, herb
- 2 Onions
- 6 Carantions
- 2 Garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 juniper berries
- 2 TL Thymian
- etwas Koriander
- Rinse the Schäufele under cold water, pat dry and set aside. Peel and halve the onions and lard them with 2 - 3 cloves on the inside. Peel the garlic cloves.Fill a large pot or roaster with the white wine and place the Schäufele in it. Now add all the ingredients and fill up with enough water to cover the Schäufele.
- Bring the contents of the pot to the boil briefly and then reduce the heat until the Schäufele boils slightly for approx. 90 minutes. At the end take the scoop out of the water, cut it open and arrange it. Pour some stock over the slices.It goes well with potato salad, mustard, white bread and a light white wine.
Tips around Schäufele
- Meesmann, Holger (Author)
- 96 Pages - 10/01/2011 (Publication Date) - Schäufele Gesellschaft (Publisher)
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-01-17 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.